Back
Job Details
In Search Of A Full-time Wordpress Expert To Join Our Team
Posted: 11/06/2019
Position: Full Time
About This Job:
ABOUT US
We're a growing internet marketing company located in the USA with a strong focus on search engine marketing & optimization, search and social paid advertising,  content marketing, and website optimization and development.   
 
We're seeking a full time, passionate, well-rounded and experienced front-end developer to join our team for long term employment.    We are not looking for project-based developers or developers that prefer to freelance for multiple companies.   We are also not looking for agencies.  
 
OUR TEAM
Employee satisfaction and happiness is our primary focus - even more so than our customers or quality of service.   If our employees are happy and love their job, the rest will take care of itself.   
 
Each member of our current team was hand-picked based on their passion, curiosity, personality, dedication to quality and willingness to always go the extra mile for other team members and our customers.   
 
As part of our team, you'll enjoy complete freedom, autonomy and a fantastic work/life balance.  Each team member is fully in charge of their time and can come and go as they please.   There is no limit to the number of vacation or sick days our team members have - if they want to take off, they take off.   No questions asked.  
Roles & Responsibilities:
Since a client's website is the most important piece of any digital marketing campaign, we not only optimize websites for speed, SEO, UX, and technical issues - we also design, host and manage websites for our clients.   99% of the websites we host and manage are using either WordPress or Shopify.  The remaining 1% is a mix of HTML, PHP, and Joomla.           
 
Since we manage our client's websites in addition to developing them, we are responsible for handling daily tasks such as design/code/content edits, keeping software and plugins up to date, speed optimization, fixing technical and SEO related issues and making sure that each website performs as good as the day it was designed. 
 
Your job will be to keep all of our WordPress websites up to date and secure (we use Manage WP), handle daily website tasks and projects that are submitted to ZenDesk from our clients and other team members and work with our lead developer to help build out systems and processes that help make our Web Dev team more efficient and effective.  You will also help build new WordPress websites and plugins.  
Requirements & Qualifications:
Our perfect candidate is someone who our team members would feel comfortable inviting over to their house and spending time with on a personal level.   
 
Experience and skill level are important, however, our main determination will be how well you think you will fit in with our team.  

As far as experience and skills, the following are some of the things we are looking for in our perfect candidate:
  • You have a strong passion for ongoing education, learning and skill development
  • You are a self-starter that is pro-active, forward thinking and is able to work remotely without constant supervision
  • You are outgoing and have a friendly personality
  • You are fluent in English (verbal and written)
  • You have 3 – 5 years’ experience building, maintaining and fixing WordPress websites and plugins
  • You have built a custom WordPress plugin before
  • You have a proficient understanding of  PHP, HTML5, CSS3 and Javascript
  • You have experience working with MYSQL databases
  • You have worked with CPANEL, WHM and other backend server management systems before
  • You have an excellent understanding of how DNS records and have experience changing DNS records
  • You understand how website, server and edge caching works and have used CloudFlare and WP Rocket before
  • Experience troubleshooting and resolving technical website issues
  • Experience connecting websites to Google Analytics, Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools
  • Experience optimizing websites for speed
  • You pay attention to detail. If this is you, put “I pay attention to detail” in the subject of your response to this job listing.
  • You have successfully launched and migrated websites before
Skills Required:
Web Development
Wordpress Level 5
CSS Level 5
PHP Level 4
MySQL Database Level 3
Javascript Level 3